This position is to provide support to Project Procurement Managers who interact with functional teams consisting of Development Engineers, Project Managers and Construction Managers for federal government construction projects. The ideal candidate is proficient in assembling Request for Proposal (RFP)/ Request for Quote (RFQ) documents, performing proposal evaluations and generating applicable contracts, such as work orders, services orders, subcontract agreements, and consulting services agreements. Experience in procuring equipment (boilers, chillers, lighting, etc.) and services (mechanical, electrical, controls, engineering consultants, etc) is a plus, but not required. This role may include performing cost analysis and/or market analysis and contract negotiations. The candidate should have the ability to ensure supplier contract compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Procurement Standard Operation Procedures, company policy, and project requirements.
Supplier Sourcing and Relationship Management
- Assisting Project Procurement Managers with development of overall sourcing strategy for project team including acquisition planning, supplier qualification, negotiations, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Manage procurement process for technical, complex materials, services or construction projects to ensure availability and quality at the lowest total cost to the company.
- Maintain a high level of product, services and industry awareness to keep current on new suppliers, technologies, strategies and market trends in Energy and Construction Industries.
- Develop close working relationships with Project Managers to ensure initiatives are prioritized and barriers are eliminated to achieve project deliverables.
- Participate in achieving company’s small business program goals including identifying and assisting sources, networking and reporting as well as directing the compilation of reports.
- Assist Project Procurement Managers with data analysis and generation of contractual documents.
- Investigate and resolve potential issues with suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records of supplier agreements and related procurement records.
- Adhering to Federal Compliance requirements and Procurement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Promoting best practices across the company.
- Working to create and promote a safe working environment.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS in Supply Chain Management or Business/Technical field
- 0 - 2 years of procurement, sourcing or supply chain experience
- 1 - 3 years experience in procurement
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes and analytical ability
- Strong contracting and negotiating skills
- Experience successfully managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Procore or equivalent online bidding software knowledge
- Highly developed strategic thinking skills and ability to make sound business judgments related to strategic supply philosophies and initiative.
- Knowledge of procurement practices and logistics.
- Ability to coordinate multiple sourcing initiatives across different project teams and organizational initiatives
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to manage through ambiguous and dynamic environments
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for solving complex problems and influencing stakeholders,
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines and maintain strong customer service focus both internally and externally
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and techniques of the negotiation process for purchases including terms and conditions involved in the bid process and contract drafting, industry trends and technological developments
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn Davis Bacon Wage determination and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).