EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of related experience
- High school degree, vocational/ technical training school.
- Possess New Jersey Low Pressure Boiler Operator’s license
- 10 years of related experience in the Energy Services, Performance Contracting, and/or HVAC Industry.
- Possess steam boiler operator’s license from a governmental agency (state or local – e.g. New Jersey High Pressure Boiler Operator’s license) or Fourth Class Engineer under National Institute for the Uniform Power Licensing of Power Engineers (NIUPLE)
- OSHA10 Training
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work a shift schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- High-level understanding of boiler and HVAC systems with extensive field experience installing, repairing, and modifying boiler and HVAC systems.
- Must possess in-depth technical knowledge of facility energy infrastructure (mechanical and electrical systems and equipment), energy conservation practices, facility operation and maintenance and other ancillary building systems and equipment.
- Consistent, long history of doing the “right” thing particularly in the face of adversity or ambiguity.
- Strong safety background and focus to ensure zero incidents in a very hazardous environment. Never compromise safety in order to just get job done.
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at ESG, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to obtain access to customer facilities. Does not require a government security clearance
- Able to operate motor vehicles both on and off the facility in performing work duties
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to use a Computerized Maintenance Management System in the performance of their duties
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, manuals, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to walk, climb stairs, climb ladders, and occasionally work in confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and depth perception. The employee should be able to operate a computer and have a least a high school level of comprehension and retention.
The employee is required to practice, recognize, and interpret safety precautions and follow safety rules and OSHA requirements as they relate to the job.
The employee is required to work in an indoor/outdoor environment. Conditions may include noise, heat, cold, dust, rain and others. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.