EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Journeyman/Master Electrical license
- Basic computer skills required including data input, work order coordination and daily logs.
- Six (6) years installation/troubleshooting experience
- Ability to obtain high pressure boiler operator license within 2 years
- Associate’s degree (AA or AS) or Technical degree with related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining DDC and energy management systems
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining HVAC equipment and steam systems
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining generators and engines
- Experience maintaining substations or photovoltaic equipment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work a shift schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- High-level understanding of facility electrical systems with extensive field experience installing, repairing, and modifying electrical systems.
- Technical knowledge of facility energy infrastructure (mechanical and electrical systems and equipment), energy conservation practices, facility operation and maintenance and other ancillary building systems and equipment.
- Consistent, long history of doing the "right" thing particularly in the face of adversity or ambiguity.
- Strong safety background and focus to ensure zero incidents in a very hazardous environment. Never compromise safety in order to just get job done.
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at ESG, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to obtain access to customer facilities without government escort. Does not require a government security clearance.
- Able to operate motor vehicles both on and off the facility in performing work duties.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to use a Computerized Maintenance Management System in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, manuals, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to walk, climb stairs, climb ladders, and work at heights using proper fall protection equipment.
The employee must occasionally work in confined spaces, bending, stooping, or squatting for indefinite periods of time while servicing equipment.